Our Academic Scholars are in the top 10% with an excellent attitude towards learning and scholarship. They have many additional educational enrichment opportunities, including:
- Academic mentoring
- Meetings each term with Charlotte Farmer, our Head of Academic Enrichment
- Scholars breakfasts
- Attendance at academic societies.
- Think Tank (Years 7 to 8) – meet once a short term with activities to promote thinking
- TedEd (Years 12-13) year-long programme
- School magazine responsibilities
How to applyOnce you have reviewed the scholarship information on our website, you need to:
- Submit our Registration Form and registration fee (external candidates only). You can find a link to the Registration Form in the right menu.
- Submit our Scholarship Application Form by 10 January 2020.
- Attend our Scholarship Day on 30 January 2020 (NB: If you can’t attend the day please let us know and we will help make alternative arrangements). During the Scholarship Day, you will:
- have interviews to establish character and suitability
- sit CAT4 assessments
- sit English and Maths Scholarship papers and a Thinking Skills Paper (Years 7 and 9)
- sit a thinking skills written paper and a skills paper in one academic subject of your choice (Sixth Form)
- You will hear back from us with our decision and feedback of your Scholarship Day by 15 February 2020.