Our ProgrammeAll our pupils aim to be the best they can be. The Sports Scholar programme is designed to increase knowledge and understanding in:
- Lifestyle Management
- Skill Acquisition and Development
- Postural Assessment
- Injury Prevention
- Personal Performance
Sports Scholarship holders are also expected to model excellent behaviour in the classroom as well as the sports field. Each term, the Scholar is monitored through fitness, training, performance, contribution to school sport, and academic progress.
We are aiming to select pupils who display what we consider to be the most important physical attributes and mental characteristics which will contribute to developing an elite performer.
Sport Scholar Eligibility
We are looking for athletes who:
- Are coachable and willing to implement any feedback quickly
- Demonstrate ambition and drive towards achieving a personal or team goal
- Are able to make good decisions when under pressure
- Are physically and mentally resilient
- Are willing to take the lead
- Have the potential to be a leader around the school
- Have good communication skills
- Are organised in their approach to all aspects of sport and school life
- Have the discipline to follow an athlete’s training programme
How to applyOnce you have reviewed the scholarship information on our website, you need to:
- Submit our Registration Form and registration fee (external candidates only). You can find a link to the Registration Form in the right menu.
- Submit our Scholarship Application Form by 10 January 2020. For this you will need:
- two references (one from your current school and another from a sports coach)
- to specify the two sports you would like to be assessed in
- to list of your previous achievements for each sport indicated (number of years played, teams played for, level achieved)
- Attend our Scholarship Day on 30 January 2020 (NB: If you can’t attend the day please let us know and we will help make alternative arrangements). During the Scholarship Day, you will:
- have interviews to establish character and suitability
- sit CAT4 assessments
- be assessed in a team sport
- be assessed on fundamental movements
- You will hear back from us with our decision and feedback of your Scholarship Day by 15 February 2020.