Our drama scholars are budding actors or stage hands who are willing to be actively engaged in the theatrical life at Wells. Our Drama Scholars are given opportunities to participate in drama productions throughout the year.
How to applyOnce you have reviewed the scholarship information on our website, you need to:
- Submit our Registration Form and registration fee (external candidates only). You can find a link to the Registration Form in the right menu.
- Submit our Scholarship Application Form by 10 January 2020. For this you will need:
- two references (one from your current school and another from a drama teacher)
- to list your previous dramatic achievements (productions, qualifications, dramatic groups and societies)
- to prepare a portfolio of images, programmes and certificates to bring with you to our Scholarship Day
- to prepare two contrasting pieces (one may be musical theatre) to perform at our Scholarship Day
- Attend our Scholarship Day on 30 January 2020 (NB: If you can’t attend the day please let us know and we will help make alternative arrangements). During the Scholarship Day, you will:
- have interviews to establish character and suitability
- will sit CAT4 assessments
- be assessed on your portfolio of images, programmes and certificates
- be assessed on your performance of your two contrasting pieces
- You will hear back from us with our decision and feedback of your Scholarship Day by 15 February 2020.