Be a Specialist Musician for a Day
10th November @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
If music is your passion, see what life is like for a Specialist Musician at Wells, the only UK school that offers a government-recognised specialist music programme within an all-round school. You will find out what it really means to focus on your music and gain a proper insight from our pupils. Please note that these days are ideally suited to pupils in Year 6 and above.
During the day you will:
- be introduced to our Music Co-ordinators
- have an individual consultation lesson with our Co-ordinators on up to two instruments
- take part in a virtual question and answer session with some of our current pupils about being a specialist at Wells
- attend an academic music lesson appropriate to your age
- be invited to join an improvisation session (if suitable)
- have a virtual tour
- see a live lunchtime concert.
There will also be an opportunity for parents/guardians to meet with Karen Finch, our Strategic Music Planner, to discuss music categories, the process and finances.
We will be monitoring the current Government safety advice on Covid-19, and we may make the decision nearer the time to hold our Open Day as a virtual event for the health and safety of our school community.
How to apply
You need to complete the form below by Wednesday, 3rd November at the latest to take part; please note that places are limited and often do fill up so you may wish to book early to avoid disappointment.