We encourage talented young musicians to audition for our specialist music scheme. Based on the auditions, we award two different types of music scholarships: the Music and Dance Scheme (MDS) grant funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and our own Music Scholarships. Both types of award are based on musical ability and financial need.
How to be considered
If you would like an audition, please complete and return our registration form and fee, our financial circumstances form (please see links in the right menu) as well as our Music Application Form at least two weeks before the audition date to our admissions team who will contact you to give you specific information about the audition. It is important that the financial circumstances form is complete or else the applicant will not be eligible for financial support.
Financial help available
MDS grants are:
- Worth up to 100% of tuition, boarding and music tuition fees.
- Means tested – we calculate parental contributions according to relevant income scales provided by the DfE each year (see below).
- Not open to all applicants as specific eligibility requirements need to be met.
Our Music Scholarships are:
- For candidates awarded the status of Specialist or Special Provision Musician who are ineligible for or not awarded an MDS grant.
- Worth up to 100% of music tuition fees (excluding boarding and tuition fees).
- Based on financial need.
- Solely at our discretion.
Music School Open Morning: Saturday, 23rd November 2017
Music Auditions: Saturday, 2nd December 2017
Parents’ annual contribution to fees 2017/18 for MDS Grant Recipients
|Relevant Income (£ per annum)||Day||Boarding|