We encourage talented young musicians to audition for our specialist music scheme. Based on the auditions, we award two different types of music scholarships: the Music and Dance Scheme (MDS) grant funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and our own Music Scholarships. Both types of award are based on musical ability and financial need. How to be considered If you would like an audition, please complete and return our registration form (located in the right menu) and fee as well as this Music Application Form to our admissions team before the audition deadline below. Our admissions team will contact you to give you specific information about the audition. Please note that our partners, Bursary Administration Limited, carry out financial circumstances assessments on our behalf. The process includes a home visit where they will view your financial paperwork. They will then send us a report, which is considered by our Bursary Committee. Financial help available MDS grants are:
- Worth up to 100% of tuition, boarding and music tuition fees.
- Means tested – we calculate parental contributions according to relevant income scales provided by the DfE each year (see below).
- Not open to all applicants as specific eligibility requirements need to be met.
- For candidates awarded the status of Specialist or Special Provision Musician who are ineligible for or not awarded an MDS grant.
- Worth up to 100% of music tuition fees (excluding boarding and tuition fees).
- Based on financial need.
- Solely at our discretion.
- Saturday 2nd December 2017 (deadline: 17th November 2017)
- Saturday 27th January 2018 (deadline: 12th January 2018)
- Saturday 17th March 2018 (deadline: 23rd February 2018)
- Saturday 3rd March 2018
- Saturday 12th May 2018
|Relevant Income (£ per annum)||Day||Boarding|